You don’t have to risk running out of airtime or electricity when you are stuck behind a computer as you can now buy airtime and electricity online. Why stand in long queues at the supermarket, ATM, visit different banks to deposit money and bother with debit orders when you can buy prepaid electricity and airtime online?
Where can I buy prepaid airtime online?
Forty percent of South African credit card users are on prepaid airtime. And there are over 40 million South African cellphone users, creating a viable market for online airtime solutions.
- PhoneFuel allows South African cellphone users to buy prepaid MTN, Vodacom and Cell C airtime online. This convenient service allows you to buy airtime 365 days a year, 24 hours per day. All you need is a credit card or internet banking, as PhoneFuel accept Visa and MasterCard as well as EFT payments. To get started, create a free account on the PhoneFuel website and you can start buying.
- With Prepaid24, you can recharge your airtime or 3G data. To recharge online, make prepaid24 a beneficiary on your internet banking using your cellphone number, adding V if you are on Vodacom, C if you are on Cell C, M if you are on MTN. You can then make an EFT payment of between R50 and R1000 for most major banks (Absa, Standard Bank, Nedbank, FNB, Capitec, and Investec). Your recharge pin will be sent to you SIM card after about 25 minutes.
- V time is dedicated exclusively to Vodacom top up (http://www.vtime.co.za/). Here you can use internet banking and EFT to pay for data bundles and airtime. The options are: airtime direct allowing you have airtime sent directly to your SIM (AIR); data direct for sending pinless data bundles directly to your 3G modem SIM (SDAT); and bulk service that sends a bulk recharge for your business (ADAT). To pay for your chosen top up option, create Vtime as an internet banking beneficiary, using your cell number and chosen top up option as a reference. You can then complete the EFT payment to your own bank. Airtime amounts range from R55 to R100 and specific data bundles can be bought from R99 to R3620 (the minimum for FNB transactions is R110). You will then receive the recharge to your cellphone SIM or 3G modem SIM within 10 minutes.
Where can I buy electricity online?
- Prepaid24 also offer a service to recharge your prepaid electricity meter. Without having to leave your office or home, you can use EFT to safely and cost-effectively pay for an electricity top-up. All you need to do is register on the website by providing your cellphone and prepaid meter number (no personal details). Take down the relevant details of your bank and create a beneficiary on your internet banking page using Prepaid24 bank details, using your cellphone number as a reference. You can then make a payment to this account amounting to how much electricity you would like to buy (the minimum amount is R200). The pin number to recharge your meter will be sent to your cellphone number, usually in less than 10 minutes.
- You can also register at IPay Online to pay for prepaid electricity online with your credit card.
What are the advantages if you buy airtime and electricity online?
- You can often do an EFT so you don’t need to entrust your credit card details online.
- You don’t always have to pay service fees for transactions.
- You don’t have to be at risk by drawing large sums of money from the bank or ATM.
- You don’t have to leave the convenience of your home or office environment.
- You can buy airtime as well as SMS or data bundles.
- Transactions are secure and safe.